Today we have our guest from the #SuperFunClub, Letty to share with us some tips to address blackheads. It's definitely possible—and in this article, we'll show you how!
Many people ask for recommendations for the best tried-and-tested blackhead remover cream. It doesn’t exist. So stop wasting your money—and start understanding your skin.
What are blackheads?
Blackheads are black bumps on your skin, usually the t-zone, and are visible, but that doesn’t mean you have to scrub them off, or squeeze them out. When you squeeze a blackhead they’ll just be back again in 2-3 days in the same place, or worse you add an infection and get a huge pimple.
What you see in the mirror are simply sebaceous filaments and their presence is normal. In dry skin these threads or filaments aren’t visible, but in oily and combination skin they appear as grey and black dots. Good news: there is a way to make them lighter and less visible without squeezing and making your skin worse.
What can I do to lessen my blackheads?
Here are some things you can introduce into your skincare routine to remedy your blackhead problem. Whichever you choose to try, you should always include #1: double cleansing.
1. First, cleanse with a balm or oil to remove the grease, and follow with a foam or milky cleanser to remove all traces of dirt, makeup, SPF, etc.
Click here to view all oil-based and waterbased cleansers available in store.
2. Use a product with Salicylic acid. This dissolves fat and polishes skin. Use 2-4 times weekly.
Here are some products we recommend. Click the links to learn more!
- COSRX Blackhead Power Liquid
- COSRX Two in One Poreless Power Liquid
- BePLain BHA Peeling Ampoule
- Bonajour Eggplant Daily BHA Toner
- Mizon BSA Blackhead Away Liquid
- Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner
- Mizon AHA&BHA Daily Clean Toner
- Mizon AHA BHA PHA Peeling Mist
- Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner
3. Use a product with Glycolic acid or lactic acid. These are similar to salicylic acid, but gentler and lightly exfoliates the skin.
Here are some product recommendations!
4. Use an enzyme powder cleanser. First, melt the powder in your hands until it’s foamy, then apply to face and leave for 2-3 minutes before rinsing off.
We recommend the By Wishtrend Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash.
5. Try peeling pads. These are exfoliating pads soaked in a gentle acid formulation, which integrate both chemical and physical exfoliation. Don’t rub your skin with them - just gently sweep across face and neck, avoiding eyes and mouth, to exfoliate and polish skin.
Here are some peeling pads we recommend:
- Neogen Dermalogy Peeling Gauze
- Whamisa Organic Finger Peeling Mitts
- Neogen A-Clear Soothing Essence Pad
- Neogen Dermalogy Real Charcoal Pad
- Mizon Pore Fresh Peeling Toner Pads - Moisture
Want to learn more about recommended routine for managing blackheads? Read more on our blog 👉 Bye Bye Blackheads!
Those blackheads are part of you and only need daily cleaning, never squeezing. If you want your pores to look clean and tiny, choose any of the above, plus double cleansing and follow with moisture and SPF protection.
Your skin is beautiful.
Treat it gently.
Follow Letty on Instagram for more tips and skincare how-to's! 👉 @letty114