After months of chilly and frigid temperatures, spring is finally on the horizon. Winter has (almost) left the building, taking with it our dreary moods and dry, flaky, itchy skin.
But while we are happy to finally see some sun, feel warmer air (well, a bit!) and increased humidity, this transition period means that our skin is about to be in for a shock. How can we prepare our skin for sunnier days ahead? Read on below for some tips on getting healthy, glowy skin that just screams spring!
1. Swap for a lighter moisturiser.
Our skin tends to hold up more water during spring and summer, so it won’t need as much protection compared to the dry and cold weather during winter.
Here are some light moisturisers you can check out:
- For sensitive skin:
- MAN:YO Our Vegan Heartleaf Cica Cream
- Goodal Houttuynia Cordata Calming Moisture Cream
- SKIN1004 Madagascar Centella Cream
- Pyunkang Yul Calming Moisture Barrier Cream
- BARR Centella Calming Barrier Cream
- For dry skin
- HARUHARU Wonder Honey Green Aqua Bomb Cream
- Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Moist Cream
- Ma:nyo Thermal Water Moisturising Cream
- Beauty of Joseon Dynasty Cream
- For combination skin
- COSRX Oil-Free Ultra Moisturising Lotion
- COSRX Propolis Light Cream
- Bonajour Green Tea Water Bomb Cream
- Toun28 Waterful Lotion Ceramide + Antarcticine
- For oily skin
- Beplain Hyaluronic Aqua Moisturiser
- MAN:YO Galactomy Essence Cream
- Pyunkang Yul Moisture Cream
- Purito Panthenol Re-barrier Cream
- For mature skin
2. Don’t stop using sunscreen.
We will never tire of reminding you sweets to use sunscreen throughout the year, no matter the season!
For those of you who use a moisturiser with at least SPF 30 in the winter, it is recommended to now separate your sunscreen from your lotion or any moisturiser to get more sun protection (we recommend at least SPF50).
Click here to see all sunscreens (and aftersun care) in store.
3. Set your skin free and exfoliate.
It’s time to bring your spring glow game, refresh your skin, and slough off those dead skin cells that have piled up during winter. So go and unblock the pores with a gentle exfoliating cleanser, essence, or peeling gel or peeling gauze rather than harsh face scrubs.
Here are some gentle face scrubs you can check out:
- By Wishtrend Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash
- Benton Goodbye Redness Centella Powder Wash
- SIORIS My Soft Grain Scrub (great when used with SIORIS Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser)
- MAN:YO Our Vegan Ogok Latte Scrub Foam
- Some By Mi Cereal Pore Foamcrub
Peeling serums and ampoules:
- Purito AHA BHA Refreshing Solution
- Goodal Apple AHA Clearing Ampoule
- Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum
- Beplain BHA Peeling Ampoule
- NEOGEN Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze (Lemon, Wine and Green Tea)
- Whamisa Organic Peeling Mitt (Flowers, Seeds, Fruit)
Or you can give peeling gels a try:
If you feel like your skin needs a good deep cleaning, you can also go for clay masks to detoxify and degunk your pores. Clay masks usually made of Kaolin clay will draw out impurities and visibly minimise the look of large pores.
- AXIS-Y Mugwort Pore Clarifying Wash off Pack
- NEOGEN Canadian Clay Pore Cleanser
- R:EP Bio Fresh Mask With Real Calming Herb
4. Spring clean your skincare arsenal.
Throw out anything that’s older than 6 months old. Old products can harbor bacteria, leading to clogged pores and dull skin. Learn more about spring cleaning your skincare in our blog post here.
Don’t forget to clean your makeup brushes and skincare tools, too, so you can remove all those unwanted germs. And to keep them clean, wash those brushes at least once a week with soap (or brush cleaner, to avoid drying the fibers) and dry them with a blow dryer (yeah, just like how you dry your hair!).
5. Boost that glow with light, nourishing makeup.
Spring makeup can be lighter for that fresh look, so a CCC Cream or BB Cream can be a substitute for a heavy foundation.
- CLE CCC Cream
- Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream
- Mizon Snail Repair Intensive BB Cream
- Purito Cica Clearing BB Cream
- Heimish Artless Glow Base
- Klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream
6. Don’t forget your body, hands, and toesie-woesies.
Get your soles sandals ready with a foot mask, foot scrub, and finish off with lotion. Remove and soften dead and dried skin (and calluses), give it a good (body) scrub, and don’t forget your body lotion especially after exfoliating to have all of your skin ready for lighter and shorter clothes this spring!
For your feet:
And for that fabulous body-ody-ody:
- Frudia My Orchard Passion Fruit Scrub Body Wash
- Klairs Supple Preparation All-Over Lotion
- Benton Shea Butter and Coconut Body Lotion
- Pyunkang Yul Ato Lotion Blue Label
- YADAH Cactus Body Lotion
Check out our full Spring 2022 Skincare Collection!